It may not feel like it, with the humidity still hanging around and thunderstorms abound, but summer is over. So, let’s kick-start the Fall with some weekend fun. BBB will be out and about so come join us!
1. Impromptu BBB happy hour and Mexican food. BBB and friends will be having a little happy hour at Santa Fe Cafe in Rosslyn for some cheap beers and tacos on Friday (that’s tonight). Come join us and have a chat. The owner of this place, Kip, has been dubbed “the real-life Jimmy the Bartender,” and we’re happy to support a local institution that has been around since 1988. Seriously, that’s a long time to survive in this area.
2. Hang out with well-dressed people. Lately, Hugh & Crye has received a lot of media attention for their well-fitting shirts, and we’re proud to call them one of DC’s own. On Saturday, they will host a gaggle of well-dressed people
in the Truman Bar at Occidental at PJ Clarke’s for their Good People cocktail party. You must RSVP on Eventbrite and wear “shirts that fit.” While you’re there, look for Eric Wang sipping bourbon.
3. Pork-centric brunch. If you’re anything like Suzie, you probably hate football. But just because you’re not a fan of the pigskin, doesn’t mean you’re not a fan of the pig itself. Aptly named, The Pig in Logan Circle features a pork-centric brunch. And…and you know what? We’re not going to say anything else. PORK-CENTRIC BRUNCH, PEOPLE! Get there!
4. RGIII. And of course, if you are, indeed, a fan of the pigskin and of the Redskins, don’t miss the regular season debut of one Mr. Robert Griffin III. Whether you watch it at your house or at a bar, make sure there’s plenty of beer and food nearby, because in true Redskins fashion, this game will probably make you want to drink and eat away your emotions.
5. Put your Roger in my Ebert. The DC Shorts Film Festival kicks off this weekend. There are many showings and film-and-food/alcohol pairings going on at a local theater near you. Check their events page for more information.
Bonus. The second-coming of a BBB party. An official BBB party has been scheduled for October 4th. We’re super excited about it! So mark your calendars and request a day off from work for the following day. It’s going to be…well, BBB-esque. Details to follow soon!
Alright, folks, let’s make sure our autumn is filled with friends, family, bourbon and above-mediocre sex. It’s almost time to bust out your best coats and boots. Have a great weekend!
- The BBB Team