Alright, folks, it’s the third week of October. Time is running out to find someone special for the nesting season and, more importantly, a clever Halloween costume. (Hint: Don’t do the women-in-binders thing. Everyone will be doing it.). Here are some fun suggestions for this weekend!
1. Try a new restaurant. Fall is the busiest season for restaurants and bars. It is also the most delicious season. Restaurants bring out their A-game during these months, so go try a new restaurant or visit some of your favorites. In DC, we recommend Maple, Bar Pilar’s new menu and renovated upstairs, and The Pig. In Arlington, check out: Fuego Cocina, Green Pig Bistro and Mala Tang for some spicy hot pots to warm you up.
2. Support a good cause (and get a haircut while you’re at it, hippie). In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, stop by any BUBBLES salons in DC, MD, and VA to make a donation to Pink Jams!, a local nonprofit that promotes early detection and breast cancer awareness. On Friday, October 19th, they are also offering breast cancer survivors a 50% discount on all salon services at its Tysons Corner, Capitol Hill and Bethesda Row salons.
3. Calling all winos. DC Wine Week 2012 concludes this weekend. Check out Virginia’s Best at the Washington Wine Academy in Crystal City on Friday, and “Wine Down at ONE Lounge” on Saturday. Remember: Drink red or white to stay classy, and drink pink to get slutty. Be sure to go to their website and RSVP for all events.
4. Dance, monkey, dance! It’s the third Saturday, which means Fatback is back! This time they’ll be pumping your binders full of funk at Liv in U St. Grab some refreshments at Solly’s then proceed to dance your asses off and repeat until you mesmerize some unsuspecting stranger with your irresistible mating dance.
5. Imagine you’re a character in The Walking Dead. Prepare yourselves: In another week, your Facebook news feed will be bombarded by drunk people in costumes. Among them will be slutty women in binders, slutty Elmo, and of course, the timeless, simply drunk dude. To get you fully into the Halloween spirit, visit the only Metro-accessible indoor urban haunted house in the DC area. The Warehouse: Project 4.1, located only a block away from White Flint, will let you live your Zombie Apocalypse fantasies with a realistic bloody, bio-hazardous warehouse filled with attacking zombies, decaying bodies, vicious military men and much more.
Alright, kids, we’re already three drinks behind on the weekend writing and editing this post. Time to tell your boss that you’re quitting (for today) and that you’ll never seen them again (until Monday). Enjoy your weekend and don’t drink and drive!
- The BBB Team